Had a good week, since my last entry here. Took a couple of rolls of Kodachrome for Stefan’s “Kodachrome Challenge” at the weekend, and posted them off on Monday. Restricting oneself to only taking red and yellow subjects is actually very interesting – I look forward to seeing what returns. It will probably take about three weeks to get back to me. 5 rolls left – I will take them to Paris with me next week.
Finally got round to hanging the last of the new doors off the landing. I have now replaced every door in the house, top to bottom, inside and out. The frame on this last one is so out of square, it’s not true. I will need to put another architrave at the head to prevent the daylight coming right through.
Had a good chat about potential new entry to the digital rangefinder market coming next month with a couple of the guys on Tuesday lunchtime, and a very good meeting in London on Wednesday. Long day though, getting up at 5:30 and back to the house at about ten past nine.
Booked the flights for Ed and Niki to go to Rome. Amazing how a £30 flight can turn into £320 for two, but that’s budget airlines for you. They will be in Italy the same week that we are going to Malta, which will be a bit odd.
Had some news about stuff this week too. I had seen my GP a couple of weeks ago and asked him about the leg situation. He wrote to the surgeon who first looked at me back in May, and I have now got an appointment to see him again on Tuesday next week, the same day that I see both the haematologist and the dentist. A full service, really. What I don’t want to happen is for the surgeon to do what he did last time I saw him for a consultation, which was get me in, under the knife, the next morning. If he needs to do any more cutting, he will have to wait until after next week and I have dragged my bones back from Gay Paree. I don’t think that this is very likely though – he can’t keep cutting bits of my lymph system out.
The haematologist has now had both test results from the bone marrow back, and since he hasn’t called me in for an unscheduled meeting, I am hoping that, for now, we have the all-clear. He did say when he saw me to do the test that if it did come back clear, then he wouldn’t want to see me until October, which is fine by me. I will ask him for a likely timetable of consultations, and whether I will be needing further PET scans, bone marrow tests, or what. I assume that he will need to be testing me regularly, but that’s one thing I’m not sure of.
Weekend looks set fair. There’s a VW car show meeting at one of the Cheshire stately homes sometime this weekend. Might pop over if I have some spare time.