Well, I have made contact with the restaurant (Sorry if you’re reading this Andrea, but we needed to crack on, so Google had to do – thanks for the offer of assistance anyway – the cheque’s in the post! 😉 )
The restaurant that I had in mind can accommodate us all for the 16th October and they have kindly sent through two sample menus for us. The one with the better choice, to my mind anyway, is this one, the €28 menu.
One thing that I did find a little odd was that they seem to be expecting ALL of us to choose exactly the same thing from the menu. In their words “il menù gentilmente deve essere scelto uguale per tutto il gruppo (please choose one of the alternatives for the whole group)”
I have asked one of our party, who speaks Italian, to assist me in persuading them that if we advise them of the numbers for each dish, before the end of September, then that ought to be OK. I can’t see too much of a problem with that, to be honest.
So, that’s another thing (nearly) sorted 🙂
- gnocchi alla rucola (gnocchi with rocket salad and creame sauce
- pasta alla carbonara (pasta with beaten eggs, bacon and cream
- lasagne di ricotta e spinaci (lasagne with ricotta and spinach)
- risotto con salsiccia e porcini (risotto with sausage and mushroom)
- fegato alla veneziana (calf’s liver with onions)
- ossobuco alla cacciatora (veal shank with mushrooms
- petto di pollo alla rucola (breast of chicken with rocket sauce)
- spezzatino di manzo (beef stew)
- contorno del giorno (vegetables of the day)
- ½ litro